With more than 85 billion views and counting, #BookTok is one of TikTok’s most popular hashtags, featuring a vibrant, global community of people who share a passion for reading.
In September, TikTok tapped Penguin Random House to launch a feature that makes it easier than ever to find your next great read and connect with a community of book lovers. For the first time, users can tag a favorite Penguin Random House book through a link in their videos, which will direct people to a dedicated page with details about the book and a collection of other videos that link to the same title.
This new feature paves the way for effortless book discovery and provides a natural forum where users can engage with others interested in the same books, initiate discussions, and connect on a deeper level. Get to know the feature more below!
How does it work?
- You can access the #BookTok feature by clicking “Add Link” and searching for “Book” before posting your video.
- You’ll be able to tag any Penguin Random House title available in your country, though note that the feature is currently available only in the United States and United Kingdom.
- You can tag up to five books per video.
- Once you post your video, the selected title(s) will be featured above your caption in your video.
- Users will be able to add these titles to the Favorites tab on their own TikTok page, so you can save books you’re interested in and create a virtual TBR (to be read) pile.
Who has access to the feature?
This feature is currently available to all TikTok users in the United States and United Kingdom.
What titles can be tagged right now?
We’re thrilled that only books from Penguin Random House, the exclusive publishing partner, are currently available for tagging. However, we expect the feature to evolve and expand to other publishers so that TikTok can serve even more authors and readers.